ICU - Assistant Department Manager
HR Recruiting Services
San Rafael, CA 94901
Healthcare / Health Services
Manages activities of the unit(s), monitors quality, service and utilization standards. Supervises the day to day shift activities.
• Manages the units day to day clinical operations including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement. Ensures the highest quality of care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures.
• Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development. Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of approximately 20 - 60+ employees.
• Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provide the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
• Supervises the daily unit operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
• Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level. Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost effective utilization of services.
• Works with health care providers outside of the unit, to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum. Researchers identify and implement best practice models of other units. Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding patient care.
• A graduate of accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
• Current California RN license required.
• Current BLS certification required.
• PALS certification may be required for positions in specific departments.
• Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care delivery processes, staffing, and budgeting.
• Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission and other federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a labor/management partnership environment.
• BSN or bachelor's degree in a healthcare related field preferred.
• ALCS certification strongly preferred.
Employer Contact Information